2023-05-11 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Agenda and Minutes

May 11, 2023, 10am PST/1pm EST


Susan Paterson (Chair)

Corinne Chatnik (Vice-Chair)

Allison Fischbach (Secretary)

Amanda Greenwood (Education Coordinator)


Agenda items:

  1. Continuing Business

  1. Annual Meeting Planning

  1. Collaboration with Preservation and International Affairs regarding SUCHO.

  2. Meeting business:

    1. Update: Have not emailed Lydia yet. 
    2. Update: Allison updated outreach analytics

      1. Allison will update for April
    3. Update: Susan shared last year’s presentation:

      1. Review for business section formatting and details.
      2. Susan will share these slides with other sections.
    4. Update: Susan will draft Land Acknowledgement slide using Native-Land.ca | Our home on native land as a guide.

      1. One slide for each section’s acknowledgement/ not include D.C.
    5. Action Item: Corinne email Sucho asking if they want to be recorded
    1. Shared document with suggested meeting format
      1. Update: Questions for SUCHO 

        1. Corinne has sent potential questions (including those about trauma) and topics to presenters
        2. Brainstorm relevant web archiving specific questions
  1. Virtual Conversation Lounge options during annual meeting

    1. SAA and CoSA will be hosting virtual conversation lounges during the 2023 Joint Annual Meeting to bring together virtual attendees for networking and discussion. Conversation Lounges will be held Thursday, July 27, and Friday, July 28, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm ET.
      Conversation lounges are open spaces with a clear, broad topic for discussion. A facilitator is required to manage the room, but there should be no prepared presentations or formal remarks.
      If your group would like to host a conversation lounge, either around a topic from the Joint Annual Meeting or your special interest area, please complete this form no later than Wednesday, May 31.

      1. Need to write a 300 word description of the topic (trauma in web archiving) Action Item: Susan will write and share draft within the week
  1. Election Planning

  1. Seeking Candidates for positions

    1. Make announcement at the Annual Meeting calling for nominations.
    2. Candidate Google Form:
    3. SAA Election Guide:

      1. Note: Ballot info is due June 1 to Hannah Stryker:
  1. Draft email for Nominations - i just realized we could use the one from last year

    1. Corinne will ask students
    2. Allison will put out call to MARAC, UMD, WAS listserv
    3. Amanda will reach out to UAlbany, ArchivesThinkTank, etc
    4. Susan will reach out to Digital Humanities Listserv
    5. Action Item: Amanda will edit call to include time commitments and expertise requirements and send email when done

Next meeting: June 12, 11a PST/2p EST

Adjourned: 11.08a PST / 2.08p EST