2016-11-16 Steering Committee Minutes

Web Archiving Roundtable Steering Committee – Minutes

November 16, 2016

Present: Todd Suomela, Alexis Antracoli, Michelle Schabowski, Karl-Rainer Blumenthal, Rachel Taketa

1) Procedures for an ad-hoc vote on these bylaws changes before the year is out:

  • No update yet.
  • Revised per John 11/17/2016: “Every section's bylaws are going to change before the next election...So, we don't have to have a separate ballot; the steering committee will write their new bylaws in response to the new governance procedures and they will go into effect for the next election cycle”

2) Jefferson Bailey webinar - new topics for a webinar:

  • Jefferson is still open to bringing last year’s webinar back: “Intro to web archive APIs”.
    • Action: Alexis will reach out to Jefferson directly to set up

3) New survey of members needs/wants:

  • Committee had some minor changes to questions.
  • Committee brainstormed possible workshop/training ideas (i.e. local hackathons, SAA workshops) – Karl is leading a workshop on web archiving in February for ARLISS and this could possibly be redone for the Roundtable members.
    • Action: Alexis to draft the intro to the survey for comments and review.
    • Survey to go out to members December 1, 2016.

4) Twitter analytics:

    • Action: Michelle will give committee a summary of twitter stats monthly

5) Are we a Roundtable or Section?

Next meeting
January 11, 2017, 9am PST/noon EST