SNAP Steering Committee Meeting Minutes - 2019/06/24

SNAP Steering Committee 2018-2019
Meeting 7: Monday, May 13, 2019
Time: 6 PM PT / 8 PM CT/ 9 PM ET
Platform: Discord

Attending: Elena Colon-Marrero, Gayle Schechter, Brenna Edwards, Laura Bell, Stephanie Crawford, Eve Bourbeau-Allard, Tiffany Cole, Joe Schill, Virginia Seymour,  Isaac Fellman

Absent: Molly Brown, Maggie Hoffman, Kara Flynn

  1. Chair
    1. Human Rights Archives Section Partnership: Nothing new
    2. Austin Meeting
      1. Who is attending? Kara, Molly, Brenna, Gayle, Elena, Laura, Stephanie, Virgina (kind of - in town and unconference)
      2. Group photo to find swag/buttons from us at the SNAP meeting on Saturday, since before the conference officially starts
      3. What can we do as SNAP to support others at the conference? Emergency supplies to guide people towards via Twitter, swag aside from ribbons, what do people have in mind?
        1. Emergency supplies (ibuprofen, bandaids, mints, thread/needle, etc.)  - Gayle, Virginia, Brenna, Stephanie. Elena will coordinate via email
        2. Buttons? Elena, Stephanie, Brenna - contact out of meeting to discuss and plan design/s
      4. Incorporate UT-Austin student chapter? They are working on a guide to Austin independently
      5. SNAP schedule on Sched - Gayle
      6. Blog post, pre-conference #snaprt (with recap on blog)
      7. Lunch Buddy and Room/Ride-share spreadsheets
    3. SNAP elections for Vice Chair/Chair-Elect, Secretary, and 3 At-Large positions
      1. All nominations are in! Ballot will go live on Tuesday/Wednesday via Survey Monkey so check your spam folders! 
      2. Writeups are on the microsite if you want to see them now!
      3. Results announced at SAA in Austin
  2. Vice Chair/Chair-Elect
    1. Unpaid Internship Survey - blog post written up, link to it in the #blog-team channel on Discord
      1. Went through questions and answers/comments on them - leaving up to blog team for changes/suggestions
      2. Ends with advocating for paid internships/Austin meeting with Issues & Advocacy Section
  3. Blog Team
    1. Been super busy - Laura is cleaning up a roundtable and will be posting soon
    2. Isaac will be in contact with people soon for the next one
  4. Social Media
    1. Next #snaprt is July 1st on preservation in general
      1. Institutional, grad school teachings, what picked up on the way
    2. Plans to live tweet at SAA, if you’re interested in helping, let Stephanie know!
    3. Prioritize posting about Ride and Roomshare/Meal sign-ups; ballots/voting for section elections
    4. End of July #snaprt focused on conferencing, with a focus on how to prepare, what to expect, how to be involved, and self care
  5. Student Chapter Coordinator
    1. Summer, so nothing to report
  6. Web Liaison
    1. SAA 101 Webpage - sent proposal to Felicia, Matt, and Nancy; waiting for feedback. Going to follow back up; if still nothing back, rethink timeline for the project.
    2. More stable link to have it on the main SAA website, BUT for now:
      1. Also series of blog posts? SAA microsite? Have it available and see what happens with SAA side of things: Start to create content on SNAP microsite and rough it out, circle back with SAA at some point
      2. Rotating people due to elections, but would loop in new people/try to figure out where to go from there
      3. Check back in again in August with working group and with Felicia
  7. Additional updates?
    1. SAA Session Recap sign-up sheet:
    2. One last Discord meeting for July! Transitions, all that jazz, be on lookout for Doodle poll!
Referenced Group Meeting: