SNAP Steering Committee Meeting Minutes - 04/18/2017

SNAP Steering Committee 2016-2017

Date: April 18, 2017

Location: Skype

Time: 9 pm EST/8 pm CST/6 pm PST

Attending: Elena Colon-Marrero, Lauren Gaylord, Kelly Kietur, Brenna Edwards, Adriana Flores, Emily Kintigh, Katie Madison, Nick Piontek

  1. SAA ‘17 Business Meeting

    1. Basic ideas for business meeting - Jamie Martin from IBM will speak and we will put out a request/Google form for presentation proposals from SNAP members

  2. Room/ride/lunch share spreadsheets

    1. Katie R. created room/ride/lunch share spreadsheets for SAA - Kelly asked her to share with the rest of the Steering Committee

  3. SAA blog recaps/strategies for soliciting contributors (Lauren)

    1. Lauren created a draft for the SAA recap signup sheet. Please take a look and send feedback. Any Steering Committee member can mark a session as Priority if they think it will be especially relevant to our membership. Lauren will continue tweaking and send out on the listserv a month before the conference to get signups.

  4. Twitter chats w/Business Archives Section

    1. Kelly has been emailing with Jamie Martin about speaking at the Business Meeting. She’s involved with the chair of the Business Archives Section. Wants to get their section involved with ours by setting up a Twitter chat. Kelly can get her in touch with Elena to set it up.

  5. Student Chapter Manual update (Emily)

    1. They’ve been sending out sections every two weeks. Just sent out last section yesterday! They’ve been getting good responses on most of them. They’ll be moving into the compiling of the manual soon!

  6. 2017-2018 SC election

    1. Process should begin in early May. It will probably operate similar to the special election process. Kelly wanted to put it out there that it will happen soon so if you know of people who want to participate, spread the word!

  7. Upcoming Twitter chats

    1. No April chats due to busy schedules.

    2. Want to do one on mental health again with slightly different questions.

Referenced Group Meeting: