Meeting Minutes, 2019 February 6 (I&A Steering Ctte.)

SAA I&A Steering Committee Meeting, 2019-02-06

11:00am-12:00pm PST


Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,865350528# US (San Jose)

+16465588656,,865350528# US (New York)

Dial by your location

       +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

       +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 865 350 528

Present: Courtney, Steve, Rachel, Samantha, Sara

Not Present: Kristin, Ruth, Summer

Notetaker: Sara





Check-in on ongoing projects:


  • Social Media (Facebook, Twitter): Samantha

-People are enjoying the posts, but no responses to Steve’s blog. Courtney/Sam will reshare. Will   continue to promote. Sam checks archives group on Facebook, also stuff on Twitter

  • I&A Liaison/Meeting Minutes: Sara

-Reposted article, still working on minutes

  • I&A Monthly Recap: Kristin

-Still waiting on recap

  • Blog master: Samantha

-Kristin’s blog due today. Had some trouble replacing images Summer made.

Research Teams

  • Archivists on the News- Steve

    • No February post due to lack of time from potential participants. Will contact March writer. Also has people for April and May.

Blog Series

  • Steering Shares: everyone! Please refer to Google calendar.

    • Mid-year intern share: Kristin, 2/6-Courtney will follow up

    • Mid-year steering share: Samantha, 2/15

    • Mid-year steering share: Sara 3/1

    • Rachel-mid/end of March

  • Archivists on the Issues- Rachel

-Gave Joanna a schedule, sent email. Has another person maybe writing about hearing impaired accessibility, maybe another about racism/discrimination in archives

  • ICYMI: As needed

    • Report from other related conferences, etc.

Special Projects

  • Temp labor survey working group- Courtney, Steve, Sara, Rachel, Angel Diaz

    • Tentative launch date March 4th. Keep open for 1 month.

    • Rachel has filled out the survey. Courtney will and look over survey.

    • Courtney will send out reminder to survey team to look over.

Other things!

  • Advocacy Design Share- Summer

    • Summer has been working with Mary from RAAC. Call to go to both I&A and RAAC in next few weeks. Steering Committee to approve before it’s sent out.

    • Going forward (next year +) I&A will likely need to devote two Steering Committee members to maintaining this project. Will be hosted via I&A Wordpress

  • Annual Meeting- all

    • All Section Meetings on Sat. Aug. 3rd this year

-Sessions start Sunday

    • Who’s going to SAA?

-Steve, maybe Sara

-Probably an hour. Could also collaborate with another section, maybe SNAP, Labor Archives.

-Share survey results

-$250 in account to spend. Stickers, bookmarks, pens?

Action Items

All: ongoing assignments

Courtney-  follow up with Web Archiving Section re: Sunlight Foundation webinar


  • Follow up with Kristin for Month in Review, Intern Share

  • Talk to UCLA folks about Zoom update during SAA