SNAP Steering Committee Meeting Minutes - 2021/04/19

SNAP Steering Committee 2020-2021
Meeting #7: 
Monday, April 19, 2021
Time: 11:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM CT / 2:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM GMT 

  1. Annual Meeting
    1. Options for scheduling are any time throughout July, 90-minute time slots every day starting at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, and 5:00 pm [*CT*]
      1. General consensus as follows:
        1. 3pm and 5pm slots will likely work best for SNAP members; 
        2. Avoid dates adjacent to 4th of July weekend
        3. Fridays to be avoided
      2. Brenna will send out a Doodle poll regarding Committee’s availability for the week of July 12. 
    2. Details due to Felicia May 1st at LATEST - names, date, time, etc.
      1. Names of speakers are optional at the moment, but having them and then confirming in May with Felicia might be best. 
    3. Signal Boost to members and [especially] students to self-nominate:
      1. Link to Form - deadline 4/23 [should we extend?]
      2. Be sure to share with your alum/cohorts’ chapters
      3. One respondent so far 
  2. 2021-2022 Election
    1. Open positions: 3 Steering Committee members, Secretary, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect
    2. Plan to send out call for nominations late April/early May
      1. Review last year's nomination form for any necessary updates, particularly regarding position descriptions
    3. Ballots will open in June
      1. Names, bios, and statements due to Felicia by June 1st for ballot creation
      2. Will we have results just prior to Annual meet, or slightly after? Should this impact when we schedule our Meeting session?
  3. SNAP/Membership Committee SAA orientation resource update.
    1. Looks good to go
    2. Next step: touch base with Alison re: publication
  4. “Starting a New Job in a Pandemic” roundtable
    1. Marissa reporting, Helena lead organizer
    2. Will be held in the first half of June, details to be confirmed at meeting on 4/30
    3. Table speakers have elected to split into three corresponding subgroups to represent new supervisors, contract/contingent workers, and those starting full-time employment
  5. Vice Chair/Chair-Elect (not present)
    1. Survey update: 38 responses so far
    2. Take a peek in the SNAP 20-21 folder on google drive for funsies
  6. Blog Team
    1. Leah will be receiving a blog draft from a cohort-mate
    2. Marissa has been tied up with the round table and nothing new to report
    3. Katie not in attendance
  7. Social Media
    1. Not in attendance
  8. Student Chapter Coordinator 
    1. Additional correspondence sent regarding Annual Meeting call for lightning talks
    2. Draft in progress: email student chapter officers rolling off duty/entering the workforce regarding outreach, events, contacts
      1. Difficult to maintain strong connection due to high turnover of officers
  9. Web Liaison
    1. Liz has obtained access info for Wakelet and is currently updating the existing Twitter archive.
    2. Liz will be rewriting the main page text - will send draft out to committee for commentary
  10. Additional updates?
    1. Meeting time generally reported as favorable; estimated similar number of members in attendance vs. evening meetings.
    2. Brenna will send a Doodle to schedule the May meeting.
    3. Meeting concluded early, no additional business.
Referenced Group Meeting: