Encoded Archival Descriptionis currently under revision by TS-EAD.
The current timetable for this revision process is as follows:
- October 2010: Call for comments
- February 28, 2011: Deadline for comments
- August 2011: Discussion forum at SAA Annual Meeting
- March 2012: Working meeting of TS-EAD at the Beinecke Library
- February 2013: Alpha release, open alpha comment period
- February 25-26, 2013: Tag Library editorial team meeting
- May 1, 2013: End of alpha comment period
- August 1, 2013: Beta release, open beta comment period
- August 2013: Present Beta at SAA 2013 EAD Roundtable Meeting
- October 1, 2013: End of beta comment period
- December 1, 2013: Deliver final schema and tag library to the SAA Standards Committee
- Winter 2014: Submit new version to SAA Council for adoption, publish after adoption.
Various documents related to the revision of EAD are attached below. Questions regarding the revision of EAD should be directed to the EAD listserv or directly to TS-EAD co-chairs Michael Rush and Bill Stockting.
|EAD Revision-Points of Emphasis.pdf||54.38 KB|
|Harvard University proposed EAD revisions final_2011_02_25.pdf||354.74 KB|
|France_Proposals for evolution of EAD.rtf||50.3 KB|
|saa11EADForum_Technical Considerations.ppt||101 KB|