The Collection Management Tools Roundtable of the Society of American Archivists provides a forum for archivists from all types of repositories to identify and discuss key issues relevant to the implementation, support, comparison, analyses, and integration of collection management tools and systems. Particular concerns of the roundtable membership will include:
- Recording archival descriptions in collection management tools;
- Managing the life cycle of archival collections in a broad spectrum of archival functions;
- Promoting efficient processing and description, minimizing backlogs
- Facilitating access to archival collections through EAD finding aids, collection-level MARC records, and Web publishing of descriptions and digital objects;
- Comparing tools and systems;
- Sharing user experiences and case studies; and
- Integrating collection management tools with other systems.
Recent News & Announcements
Announcement of availability of 2016 Annual Meeting Video and Presentation Slides on CMTRT Microsite.