Networking Café and Career Center
The Networking Café brings together a variety of activities to help attendees get connected and get ahead professionally. Wondering about your career options or opportunities for postgraduate study? Want to learn more about SAA’s mentoring program? Want to check your email between sessions? The Networking Café is the place to go! (Ballroom A)
|8:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday, August 15:||7:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday, August 16:||7:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday, August 17:||7:00 am – 10:00 am|
Hosted by SAA’s Membership Committee, the Career Center provides services and opportunities for job seekers and employers:
For Job Seekers
- Post your résumé for prospective employers to see at the meeting.
- Review job announcements and meet with employers.
- Get help polishing your résumé and/or consult with volunteer career advisors. (New in 2013: Attendees were invited to schedule an appointment in advance for consultation with an advisor. The deadline was July 19.)
- Learn about postgraduate programs and professional development opportunities.
- Post your position announcement(s). Place your announcement(s) on file in the Career Center and expand your applicant pool.
- Meet job seekers and potential employees. Employers who participate in the Career Center will have the chance to meet and speak with job seekers in an informal and relaxed setting.
Archival Education and More
Information tables are available within the Networking Café for graduate archival education programs and allied organizations to distribute program literature and have representatives answer questions one on one.