The following candidates are slated for SAA's 2017 ballot. Information about each candidate will be posted to the SAA website in January.
- Terry Baxter - Multnomah County Records Program
- Meredith Evans - Jimmy Carter Presidential Library
Council (Three-year term)
- Steven Booth - Barack Obama Presidential Library
- Sharmila Bhatia - National Archives at College Park
- Mike Bullington - McDonald's Corporation
- Brenda Gunn - The University of Texas at Austin
- Jennifer O'Neal - University of Oregon Libraries
- Audra Eagle Yun - University of California, Irvine
- Elvia Arroyo-Ramirez - Princeton University
- Aaisha Haykal - College of Charleston
- Samantha Norling - Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Margarita Vargas-Betancourt - University of Florida
- Samantha Winn - Virginia Tech
- Stacie Williams - Lyrasis
Any eligible member of SAA may also be placed on the ballot by submitting a petition signed by fifty individual members; petitions must be received in the SAA office by February 10, 2017.
The online ballot will be administered by VoteNet Solutions in March.