Do you have institutional support to attend a conference? Ever considered requesting it? Does the whole process give you heartburn? Approaching your decision-maker for funding doesn't have to be an overwhelming hurdle, especially if you're prepared to make a case for the value of the experience—both to you as an employee and to the institution whose work you carry out.
Share the promo flyer with your supervisor to demonstrate all that ARCHIVES 2017 has to offer for you and your institution!
By attending the SAA Annual Meeting, you can:
- Bring back fresh ideas and new knowledge to benefit all of your colleagues;
- Discover cutting-edge tools and resources in the Exhibit Hall;
- Enhance your professional development by attending a pre-conference course;
- Become a better advocate for archives;
- Network with fellow archivists, who may share new ideas you can implement at your institution or in your classroom; and
- Promote your institution’s profile in the archives community!
Register by July 6 to take advantage of our early-bird registration rates!
For more help making your case, check out these resources:
NAGARA’s Conference Justification Toolkit
ALA: Making Your Case to Attend
Share your successes, challenges, neat blog posts, and funny experiences with your colleagues. Email email@example.com so that we can post your tips and tricks in this space.
Annual Meeting referenced: